We have a great tip for all of you 2015 Ford Mustang owners. Ford was generous to include a front splitter on all 2015 Ford Mustang models. This beautiful front splitter can become a nightmare very quickly when pulling into a parking spot or perhaps an aggressive speed bump. We’ve seen and heard the stories from Mustang owners, how they lose or damaged their front splitter while parking. We called local dealerships and a new front splitter from Ford will set you back about $300.00. A very easy and less expensive way to avoid replacing your front splitter on a regular basis is either, don’t drive your Mustang, or simple purchase a Curb Alert bumper warning protection system. These nifty little units sell for roughly $149.00 and will warn you as you approach a curb or high area in the road.
The 2015 Ford Mustang Curb Alert is very easy to install and does not put a drain on your battery when the car is not on. Using a patented infrared technology, the front mounted sensor is calibrated to a warning distance of anywhere from 8-28″ (you decide with whatever you feel comfortable with). The warning alarm is hidden in the car and will give you three gentle tones when you are within a specified distance to the curb. The system gives you a short beep every time you start your car to let you know the system is active.
The Mustang Curb Alert is one of a kind and is a gadget that will save you money in the long run, preventing front end damage to any car that is low enough to be vulnerable to a Curb. Do not take a chance, get the Curb Alert to prevent curb damage.
- Universal Mount (All Makes and Models)
- Warns with an audible alarm before striking a curb that could damage your front bumper and/or spoiler.
- Prevents embarrassing parking lot moments and sounds when your bumper or front spoiler hits a curb.
- Sensor can mount in a discrete manner in the front end of most any vehicle and does not require any drilling.
- Advanced infra-red triangulation technology and specialized software embedded for reliable operation.
- Warning distance is adjustable from 8-28 inches. (Bumper to curb)
- Removable when necessary with out leaving any holes as evidence.
- Automatic power-up on vehicle ignition; never a battery drain.
- Alert sound volume can be set to High, Low, or Mute inside vehicle.
- Installation kit includes installation procedures, all wiring, wire ties, sensor calibration procedures, and user guide.